Entomologist / Honeybee Scientist
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
We are looking for a mission driven entomologist to provide leadership for a honey bee nutritional supplement project.
- MS or PhD in entomology or closely related field with understanding of honey bee anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to conduct independent research leading to new products (design trials, analyze, and interpretation).
- You must be creative, work effectively in teams, and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency with typical data software packages.
- Understand issues related to the decline of honey bees and other pollinators in the US.
- Familiarity with animal nutrition and physiology.
- Familiarity with feed formulation software.