220.127.116.11.6. Duration and observations
1) The number of dead or affected bees (see Table 1) is counted at 4 h after dosing and thereafter at 24 h intervals for up to 48 h or longer if mortality is still increasing (> 15% increase in mortality in the 25 – 48 h period).
2) Additional assessments at shorter intervals may be useful in specific cases.
3) It is appropriate to extend the duration of the test to a maximum of 96 h.
4) Mortality is recorded daily and compared with values from the positive and negative references.
5) All abnormal behavioural effects observed during the testing period should be recorded.
6) Therefore the total number of bees having yes/no effect should be recorded at each recording. These data allow the calculation of ED50.