188.8.131.52.1.12. Residue samples (plants, bees, bee matrices) proof of exposure
1) To demonstrate the exposure achieved in the contaminated adjacent crop, Petri dishes with wet filter paper should be placed at least at 1, 3, 5, 10 and 20 m in free cut areas (on at least 30 m length) in the neighbouring crop.
2) Also, flower samples may be taken very carefully to avoid a loss of dust particles.
3) Foraging bees returning to the hive should be collected for residue analyses of nectar and pollen.
4) Additionally, samples of fresh nectar in combs, freshly stored pollen, honey and bee bread or other matrices (e.g. Royal Jelly) may be obtained.
5) Because soil particles may drift during sowing, a residue analysis of the upper soil layer is recommended.