126.96.36.199.1. Reasons for collection of forager bees
- Residues at worst case level (no dilution, nectar present in the crop)
- In combination with sampling plants/flowers and matrices from the bee hive (honey, pollen, bee bread), the route of transfer of residues from a pesticide in the bee hive can be demonstrated
- Determination of realistic residue values for the risk assessment and further evaluations/studies (e.g. bee brood study in lab)
- Assessment of exposure in the field via pollen source determination
- Assessment of exposure to contaminated water sources, e.g. guttation (Reetz et al., 2011).