1) The applications should be performed with a boom sprayer with calibrated nozzles according to GAP.
2) The spraying should normally be performed at the time of full flowering of the crop and during high bee flight for worst case conditions or, if required (e.g. for testing of residual or delayed action), in accordance with the intended use pattern of the product.
3) The wind speed should not exceed 2m/sec outside the tunnel.
4) Test products should normally be applied at the highest field rate (ml or g/ha) intended for the registration of the product in order to produce a worst-case exposure for the bees.
5) During the applications in the tunnels the water containers should be taken out of the respective tunnels and the bee colonies should be covered with a plastic sheet until the end of application to avoid direct contamination.