5.2.2. Agar plates
- Melt the agar base in a steamer and cool to 46°C.
- Add 625 µl of a freshly made 0.2 µm filter
sterilized 10 % solution of cysteine hydrochloride (does NOT keep at all) to
250 ml of the agar base, or 1.25 ml for 500 ml of base.
Make sure the agar is mixed well, but not bubbly as soluble starch settles out.
- Pour immediately into petri-dishes.
- Cool and dry in the lamina flow for 20 minutes.
- Use the plates as soon as possible.
- It is not advised to keep unused plates to use another day