8.2.2. Larvae / pupae
- Place the larva / pupa in an Eppendorf tube.
- Add 0.5 ml grinding buffer (e.g. GITC).
- Ground with a micropestle.
- Centrifuge for 10 min at 7,500 g.
- Discard the supernatant.
- Resuspend the pellet in 180 µl enzymatic lysis buffer (DNeasy® Blood and Tissue kit, QIAGEN®).
- Use the Qiacube and the DNeasy® Blood and Tissue kit protocol for enzymatic lysis of Gram + bacteria for automated purification.
- Use the DNA templates directly in a PCR or store in –20 ºC until needed.