At the Institute of Virology (AG Prof. Dr. Benjamin Lamp, Ph.D.), Department of Veterinary Medicine, a full-time position is offered for a Post Doc Research Assistant.
In the working group, the mechanisms of viral replication and pathogenesis of positive strand RNA viruses are investigated using molecular biological and protein biochemical methods. The viruses of honeybees, whose pathogenesis is being investigated in larval and pupal models, are a particular focus. By using reverse genetic systems, clonal virus populations are generated that differ only in individual point mutations. Phenotypic studies can then be used to decipher the functions of the mutated gene in virus proliferation and disease development. The diverse task profile covers RNA, DNA and protein work, using bacterial and eukaryotic cultures as well as insect larvae for virus replication.
- Own scientific further training; university didactic qualification; scientific services in research and education according to § 65 HHG
- Cooperation in third-party funded projects
- Assumption of teaching duties in accordance with the Land’s Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (Ordinance on the Obligation to Teach and Learn) Hesse and co-supervision of doctoral candidates
- Independent planning, execution and documentation of virological experiments as well as
publication of the results in scientific journals
- Application of molecular biological, protein biochemical and cell biological methods
and work with genetically modified organisms
- Completed academic studies in veterinary medicine, biology or other related disciplines with a qualified doctorate degree
- Sound knowledge in molecular biology and protein biochemistry
- English spoken and written skills as well as experience in writing English publications
- Experience in sterile work, in cell culture and in dealing with infectious agents
- Enthusiasm for scientific questions, ability to work in a team and independent
work is required
Prof. Dr. Lamp will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the content of the programme by phone on 0641-99-38356 or by e-mail (Benjamin.J.Lamp@vetmed.uni-giessen.de).
Please send your application (no e-mail) with the reference number 572/10 and the usual documents by 17.10.2019 to the President of Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen, Erwin-Stein-Gebäude, Goethestraße 58, 35390 Gießen, Germany, stating the reference number 572/10. Applications from severely handicapped persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified. We kindly ask you to submit only copies of applications without staplers, as these will not be returned after completion of the procedure.