Aida working in the area of isolation, structure elucidation and synthesis of biologically active natural products from bee products. She works at Department of Bee Research, Plant Protection Research Institute, Agricultural Research Centre, Egypt. Aida got her PhD thesis in 2017 and act as Researcher in her institute. During her MSc and PhD degrees, she invited as visitor researcher in Division of Pharmacognosy, Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Center (BMC), Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, also she invited as Researcher assistant in Chemistry Department, Malaya University (UM), Malaysia.
Aida has published scientific papers in international journals in addition she has presented his research at several scientific conferences worldwide and received award for the best paper from the IX Mediterranean Beekeepers Federation, and The 10th international conference of the Arab Beekeepers Union Egypt, 2017.
Aida has experience in
- Isolation and purification of compounds by Accelerated Gradient Chromatography (AGC), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) and High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC).
- Structure elucidation of the compounds by spectroscopic methods especially Mass Spectrometry (MS) including; Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS), MS/MS, and amino acid analysis in addition to Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) as well as NMR, UV and IR.
- Synthesis of peptides by Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis (SPPS).
- Experience in writing scientific papers.
- Diagnosis and treatment for honeybee diseases.
- MTT assay (Cytotoxicity activity)
Aida is member on Arab Association of Bee Researchers, 2017, Arab Bees Union, 2016 and on APIARAB.