The Bee Nutrition Task Force (NUTRI TF) gathers independent experts in bee nutrition. This community aims at developing a multinational network that will engage in discussions and research. The NUTRI TF wants to facilitate and develop collaborations to produce synergistic scientifically-sound outputs, and aims at harmonizing and standardizing research on bee nutrition.
We address nutrition as a major driver of bee health, as well as a common Beekeeping Management Practice (for example as colony supplementary feeding). Thus, we involve multiple stakeholders (e.g. beekeepers and beekeeping associations, researchers). We approach nutrition from the perspective of beekeepers, bees, consumers, and environmental health.
The TF aims at investigating nutrition from different perspectives, including:
- Monitoring nutritional quality and contamination levels of bee food (nectar, honey, pollen, …)
- Studying the effects of nutrition on bee health
- Studying and monitoring nutrition as a Beekeeping Management Practice (supplementary feeding of colonies)
- Reviewing the current state of the art on bee nutrition
- …and more! Please feel free to contact the coordinators to propose other topics and projects!
Are you interested in this TF, and would like to join us?
It’s easy: REGISTER HERE!