Day 1: Tuesday, March 7 / 9 am – 3 pm (CET)
Day 2: Wednesday, March 8 / 9 am – 3 pm (CET)
Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Faculty of Agrobiotechnical Sciences
Trg Svetog Trojstva 3
It is our great pleasure to invite you to the 2023 Spring Workshop of the COLOSS Varroa control Task Force.
After Varroa workshop, RNSBB workshop will follow at the same venue (March 9-10).
The agenda will focus on the organisation of common activities & collaborative projects, such as:
- Monitoring Varroa infestation dynamics – CSI-Varroa
- Brood interruption study 2022/2023
- Monitoring Acaricide resistance
- Varroa book report
Registration fee: € 30 (to be paid on site)
Registration deadline: Friday, February 3
Registration is closed. ☹️
WHO CAN REGISTER:
COLOSS members only!
The workshop is open to COLOSS members, but preference will be given to RNSBB colleagues actively participating in the common activities. Part of the workshop will be held in hybrid form, but not the whole workshop. Detailed agenda will follow.
To request COLOSS membership, please go HERE; please note that the approval process may take several days, so request membership well in advanced of the workshop registration deadline.
The submission of an abstract is recommended but not required, unless you wish to have it published in the Workshop Proceedings.
There are several options. Osijek is located 280 km from Zagreb and 180 km from Belgrade.
- Frankfurt-Zagreb-Frankfurt – there are several flights every day.
- On Monday, Wednesday and Friday there is flight Zagreb-Osijek (7:45 and 20:40) and OsijekZagreb (6:30 and 14:45).
- On Monday and Friday there is a direct flight Munich-Osijek (10:10) and Osijek-Munich (12:10) by Croatia Airlines.
- Buses from Zagreb to Osijek run almost every hour.
- Option is also to use Belgrade airport, but then connection with Osijek with bus or train is not so convenient. If there are several people coming to Belgrade airport on same day/hours we could try to arrange transport.
Once registration is completed – please indicate which day (and time) and where you plan to come and leave (if you come by plane) – we will then contact each participant to help organise traveling.
From the beginning of 2023 Croatia will enter the Schengen zone, and therefore travel from EU countries will be much easier. The official currency in Croatia is the Euro.
Accommodation: suggestions will be provided soon.
If you have questions concerning the workshop, please reach out:
Webmaster – Jan Maehl (email@example.com)
Workshop Host 1 – Zlatko Puskadija (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Workshop Host 2 – Marin Kovacic (email@example.com)