The mission of COLOSS is to improve the well-being of bees (in particular the western honey bee Apis mellifera) at a global level.
Our goals include:
- Advocating for bees, and their well-being, especially to government legislators and administrators
- Coordinating international research, including the development of standard research methods
- Disseminating knowledge and training related to improving the well-being of bees
- Promoting youth development and gender balance among those studying, or those actively involved in promoting, the well-being of bees
We work towards our mission and goals by structuring our association into themes of interest:
- Pests & Pathogens (e.g. Varroa destructor & viruses)
- Environment (e.g. Pesticides & nutrition)
- Breeding & Conservation (e.g. diversity & disease resistance)
Furthermore, COLOSS endorses core projects and tasks forces – specific topics identified by our association to receive priority attention.
Core projects, encompassing the entire association:
Task Forces, specific to a COLOSS Theme: