As of the 01.06.2021, the Institute of Bee Health, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, is seeking a candidate to fulfil the following lecturer (100%) position:
Foundation Vinetum lecturer in wild bee health (Dozentin/Dozent)
Duties in teaching and scientific research:
- Teaching undergraduates and postgraduates in veterinary medicine and biology
- Research on key factors of wild bee health
- Management of the wild bee division at the Institute of Bee Health
- Raising of external competitive funding
- Supervision of students
- Cooperating with national as well as international partners
Requirements for successful applications:
- Completed Ph.D. in veterinary medicine, zoology or equivalent
- Publications in international peer-reviewed journals
- Proven track record of external funding
- Experience in teaching
- Documented knowledge of bees, bioinformatics, statistics
- Fluency in both German and English
Career stage: The announcement begins as an assistant lecturer with tenure track.
- A temporary eight year employment with the possibility of a permanent position
- Applications from early stage researchers are encouraged (i.e., < 6 years since Ph.D. degree)
- The University of Bern strives to increase the percentage of woman in academic executive positions and thus explicitly encourages female candidates to apply
- The possibility for job-sharing is negotiable
Necessary application credentials:
- Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of all publications and teaching duties
- List of successfully acquired external funding
- Indications of current activities and experience in academic committees
Applications should be sent electronically as one PDF document to Prof. Dr. Peter Neumann (email@example.com) no later than the 01.05.2021.
Contact person for further information: Prof. Dr. Peter Neumann.
Further information can be found under https://www.bees.unibe.ch/.