TITLE: Communication officer
NAME OF THE ORGANISATION: BeeLife European Beekeeping Coordination
CONTACT PERSON: Noa Simón Delso
LOCATION OF THE JOB: Belgium
STARTING DATE: April 2023 (4 months CDD, afterwards CDI)
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANISATION: BeeLife European Beekeeping Coordination is an association that protects bees and pollinators at the European level.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
BeeLife is looking for a competent communication officer, creative and with initiative, who will be in charge of the association’s public communications. The person hired will be part of a small but dynamic team of competent professionals across Europe. S/he will mainly liaise with the team members following up on policies and research linked to environmental stressors of bees’ health, and assist the team in organising internal activities. This framework targets technologies like GMOs, pesticides, biocides and veterinary products, the Common Agricultural Policy and overarching strategies like the Farm2Fork, Biodiversity and Chemical Strategies. The person will also communicate about BeeLife’s projects: EU Pollinator Hub, iPOL-ERA, B-THENET, etc.
The tasks include but will not be restricted to:
- Establish communication strategies and campaigns
- Write press releases, articles, newsletters and blog entries
- Manage the social media of the organisation
- Manage the relationship with donors
- Deal with fundraising
- Participate in internal and external activities of the association.
- High level of English, both written and spoken (at least C1), good writing skills. French (at least B2)
- Strong communication skills, resourceful, entreprising and marketing orientation
- Good command of tools (Office, Photoshop, Canva, Lucidpress, Video editor) and social media
- Well-organised, good planner, team player, but independent
- Interest in the environment and bee issues